Saturday, 24 April 2010

My Birthday

I turned 46 today. I think that I am at a very good place in my life at the moment and getting very comfortable with who I am. My hair is back to normal brown again, I have ditched my "false" nails and don't feel ugly anymore when I decide not to wear make-up. Maybe I am eventually growing up? Who knows. Colin took this photo of me this morning as I was running out of the door to go do a kiddies scrapbooking party. I had to work on my birthday, how sad is that! I actually enjoyed it very much and it is money in my pocket!
I met my 2 sisters and 2 of my friends for coffee this afternoon and we had a great time. Stefanie took some photos, will let you see them when I get them from her. My sister Ansie gave me these gorgeous roses, 1 1/2 bottles of pink champagne (my favourite), Lindt chocolate and a lovely card.
Carol gave me these lovely lavender goodies and a chocolate on a stick. With a pink bow of course!
Stefanie gave me this gorgeous scarf that she bought in New Zealand. This photo actually does not do it justice, it is lovely!
I forgot to take a photo of the gift I got from Michael and Simone! They gave me a card, snow globe (I had to put on my reading glasses to see it properly - growing old sucks!), a reading light that clips onto a book and a gift voucher from exclusive books.

My sister Herlien bought me a little black dress last year that was for Christmas and my birthday. If it wasn't so cold I would have worn it tonight!

My family will be buying me a new melton jacket for my birthday. My old jacket got to big for me and I decided that my birthday was a perfect time to replace it.
A photo of my baby. After all these years it still amazes me how she can do so many things upside down and then pull herself upright without dropping whatever is in her beak. She must have very strong stomach muscles!

All in all I had a very good day. Colin and the kids made supper, lamb chops and sausage on the braai, carrot salad, garlic bread and a tossed salad. Very yummy! Robyn made the most delicious chocolate tart for desert. Forgot to take photos so you will have to take my word for it.

Uploading the photos for this post reminded me why I stopped blogging, it actually takes up a lot of time!

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

But it is so worth it.
Lovely seeing your gifts and Colin took a stunner of you.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Happy, happy birthday Anita...so glad you had a wonderful day and was spoiled by your family. Wish I was there for the coffee and conversation.

Charmaine T said...

Hey!!!!
Happy Bellated Birthday!!!!!!

You look EXCELLENT!!!!!!!