Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Bedroom makeover

We changed our bedroom to pink and lilac about 5 years ago, and it was really time for a change. Our fitted sheet started to show signs of wear and tear and Colin wanted to buy new sheets. Imagine! Anyway I told him that I wanted to change our bedroom and we slept on the old sheets for a while longer. At the end of March we went out and bought some new linen and then went and chose the paint we wanted. We got the older boys to paint the room for us. Colin insisted on lying on the bed when I took the photo!
And this is the result:
I am very happy with the new look! I got Andrew to paint the bases of the lamps and then found new lampshades at Sheet Street. He also painted my one frame. I didn't mind throwing out the old picture on the wall as it was not expensive and had been on the wall for 2 years already. The new one didn't cost me too much either, but I like it a lot more.

We have been very quiet and laid back since my last post. We took Andrew to see Monsters vs Aliens yesterday and it was really good for a laugh. He thoroughly enjoyed it and that was the whole idea. I can't wait for school to start tomorrow as the same little boy is driving me up the wall today! Colin also started working again today, and I miss him. Richard is still at home as he can only start working once the schools go back and the volume of traffic on the roads are back to normal. Very nice for me as he washed the windows for me this morning - with payment! At least now I can see through them again!
I am looking forward to my life going back to normal tomorrow!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Lovely post, been waiting for the pic, but preferred seeing it in real life.
What does Richard charge for windows??

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love the new look bedroom...looks like a place to rest and relax.